There is a variety of day camps available during the summer in Montreal, including the following:
- Computer Science: If developing a software program or designing a robotic mission is your teen’s idea of a good time, this program is ideal. This week-long camp is designed to expose students aged 15 to 17 to computer science in all its endless fascination. It immerses them in real-life applications, research groups and team competitions.
- Conservatory: McGill’s Conservatory Camp is perfect for musically inclined kids aged 5 to 15. In addition to daily doses of choir, dance, percussion, drama and arts and crafts, it offers specialized video, garage band, orchestra and DJ camps. No musical background is required, but musical enjoyment is guaranteed.
- Explorations: What began as a summer school for gifted students is now an activity-filled enriching program that offers children aged 4 to 18 everything from origami to a smorgasbord of science.
- Sports: Junior jocks aged 6 to 15 have the run of the University’s state-of-the-art athletic facilities, seasoned instructors and lush green spaces. This activity-filled program is divided into sports, creative activities and aquatics, and the emphasis is on summertime fun, not competition.
- McCord Museum: Children aged 5 to 12 have fun with history, enjoy nearby city parks and play games while visiting hidden gems around Montreal. This fully bilingual (French/English) day camp offers two themed programs with something of interest to everyone.
- Museum of Fine Arts: Children aged 6 to 16 experiment with a variety of art techniques and create two- and three-dimensional objects. What a great opportunity to give free rein to their imagination! They will also have the opportunity to experience the Museum’s major exhibitions. The camp is fully bilingual (French/English) and the week wraps up with a presentation of the children’s artwork in an exhibition that they will mount themselves.
- Musée d’art contemporain (MACM): Children aged 6 to 15 take on a journey to the past to witness the originality and universality of Expo 67, transform the present and send you into the future. A number of different themes will be covered: architecture, design, model building and multiculturalism. In addition, they have a chance to discover the unusual works of artist Olafur Eliasson. This camp is only offered in French.
- Centre des sciences: Children aged 6 to 12 have fun with science while also playing outside. The camp includes an exhibit visit and an IMAX movie. This camp is only offered in French.